updated Nov 1, 2014
Rapid Property Connect Sdn. Bhd (“we” or “us“) is the operator of http://www.rapidpropertyconnect.com, (the “website”), and we are committed to safeguarding your personal data.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You can use and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data. You are not required to provide personal data as a condition of using the Website, except as may be necessary to respond to your requests or in cases where you contact us directly.
We collect personal data only when you provide it to us, through registration, completion of forms, emails, inquiries and requests and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us. Thus we may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide when carrying out transactions with us on or in relation to the Website, including information relating to any purchases that you make on the Website;
- information that you provide when you register an account with us on the Website;
- information that you provide when contacting us to resolve any issues that you may be facing;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the services that we are providing on the Website, email notifications, and/or newsletters; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, and the resources that you access.
PURPOSES OF USE
All information collected, including personal information, may be used by us in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- to verify your identity
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- to generate marketing leads, we may use information to match the appropriate advertisers on our Site
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our network, Products and Services, our customer relations teams and service providers and the Rapid Property Connect Websites and to make these more efficient to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to send periodic emails that may include news, updates, related product or service information etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribed information at the bottom of each mail
- improving your browsing experience by personalising the Website;
- providing to you services that you have specifically requested;
- responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Website;
- responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints;
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You however understand that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will NEVER ask you for your password other than when you log in to the Website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties such as our service providers and professional advisors.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
- comply with any legal obligation;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, other users of the Website, or others;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- to the purchaser, or prospective purchaser of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular Services or Products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Rapid Property Connect.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at [email protected] or at 03-26157919. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
WHAT IF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IS INCOMPLETE?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via the contact details provided below. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We shall charge a processing fee for searching for and providing you with access to your personal information to cover administration costs. The costs allowed shall be in accordance to the regulations
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting us via the contact details provided below. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services.
In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Statement at our website at www.rapidpropertyconnect.com .
ONLINE DEALINGS WITH RAPID PROPERTY CONNECT
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to Rapid Property Connect websites and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE MALAYSIA
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia if any of our strategic partners or advertisers (“overseas entities”) who are involved in providing part of Rapid Property Connect Products and/or Services are located in countries outside Malaysia or if you use the Products and/or Services from a country other than Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (PDPA)
By agreeing to the terms and conditions contained herein, you hereby allow Rapid Property Connect group to collect your Personal Information to be regulated and managed by Rapid Property Connect group. You also hereby agree to receive the latest information about products, news, events updates, special privileges and initiatives from Rapid Property Connect, its partners and advertisers
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal information by you to other users of the Website.
If you have any further enquiries, kindly call 03-2615 7919 or email to [email protected]